NYCPHP Meetup

NYPHP.org

[nycphp-talk] [OT]: Posting

Halter, Shari SHalter at ThorntonTomasetti.com
Thu Aug 16 11:10:57 EDT 2007

Subject: Re: [nycphp-talk] [OT]: flatiron office sublet available

On Wed, 15 Aug 2007, David Mintz wrote:

> now, my pet
> peeve -- a lot of people are too lazy to snip

Which is the crux of the problem: if you're too lazy to snip then you're
more likely to top-post because your reply will get lost at the bottom after
a few emails have been exchanged.

This is also why (laziness) people still use Outlook and IE7 :-)

--
Aj.

I'm with David Mintz, on this one and, at best, this posting argument
strikes me as a preference, rather than an absolute. Granted, it may be a
community preference here, and if so, should be heeded, but it seems silly
to argue in terms of "right" and "wrong."

Reasonable people may also differ on how much context or content is
relevant.

I notice an off-thread subject line here, too. Should this be scolded, too?

Shari

NYPHPCon 2006 Presentations Online
http://www.nyphpcon.com

Show Your Participation in New York PHP

The information in this email and any attachments may contain
confidential information that is intended solely for the
attention and use of the named addressee(s).  This message or
any part thereof must not be disclosed, copied, distributed or
retained by any person without authorization from the addressee.
If you are not the intended addressee, please notify the sender
immediately, and delete this message.